Don's picks







HI my name is Donald Bankhead ' and Playing the piano is what I love . I love Smooth Jazz ,









My dream is too write a sound track for someone  movie this will be a highlight in my life . I would love too share my music with everyone.


My first love of music when I was a kid. I wanted to be a drummer and it drove my parent crazy.



One day I came home from school one day, and I did not have a drum set anymore. There was a piano.
I was very upset not having a drum set no more playing wipe out for 100 times a day.












Donald Bankhead CD Don's Picks


 I was 7 yrs old, I just kept looking at the piano in my home but never played it.  Every Wednesday I went too the Boys Club in my home town. In the club there was a old piano and there was a kid that went to school with me and his name was Blaine Smith,

   


He was the same age of me and Blaine sat down at the piano and started playing, I was amazed at what I was looking at   Blaine was playing the piano and good. I wanted too do that and that is how I got started playing music . I


 started doing R&B and in the late 70's I feel in love with smooth jazz. I  took some Lesson from Jeff Lorber
I worked hard to come up with a sound that I love ,




I had the pleasure of hearing many many great Smooth Jazz artist.


   My favorite is Donald Byrd, Space and Place was the album the made me a Smooth Jazz lover.








Lonnie Liston Smith was another smooth jazz artist I love his style of music I came too Portland Oregon too hear great artist like Tom Grant, and Jeff Lorber. I have my own style and I have worked very hard to make it better.





Spaces and Places was and is my favorite song and other music produce by Donald Byrd IF you  never heard or listen to his music, please take the time too hear some of his music .





Lonnie Liston Smith was another artist I have been influence by I first heard Lonnie Smith was in 1976.





I have other influences like Calvin Law I met him many year ago I was taken by his style and how he arranged his music.





Tommy T , Randy Scott and Calvin Law I net back in the mid 70's and there back was traveling the mid- west and the northwest part of the United States.






Tom Grant was a one of my favorite once I came too the Northwest.





It was a wonderful time for live music there were so many band in the Northwest back in the 1980's your had







Pleasure, Jeff Lorber , Sound Garden  and Tom Grant. You can hear them in any night club  in Seattle and Portland . So when you listen to my music these are some of the influences you will hear.










Hello my name is Donald Bankhead, and I'd like to present this CD Don's Picks to all you Smooth Jazz Lover's, and thank those who made it possible for me to do this.

 I like to thank the following: Blaine Smith who gave me the inspiration to play the piano as a child . Calvin Law who has a unique style of music that I have put into my music over the years. Jeff Lobber who gave me lessons back in the early 80's. Tom Grant  a fantastic piano player, and there's many more.

 My goal is to give out a million Cd's,  so I can share my life's dreams to others. My type of music is Smooth Jazz. The artist I am most likely to sound like is ,Donald Byrd and Lonnie Liston Smith.
I know many will like my music as those who will not.


 I will give my music away for free all you have too do is to pay for Shipping and handling . $3 a price of a cup of coffee.

Please Help me make my lifetime dream come true.

Send your Check, Money Order or Cash TO:


Donald Bankhead
10405 SW Denney Rd # 49
Beaverton Oregon 97008.


Name a address Cash is the best or Money Order Thank you for your support.

















music reviews, smooth jazz, jazz, r&b, Donations,rock, music videos